The Best of Italy - Cycling and Amarone
Join Italiaoutdoors Food and Wine as we visit the premier wine producing area in Italy, the Amarone and Valpolicella wine region. Great wine is just one of many reasons to visit here; beautiful cities like Verona, quaint medieval towns like Soave, cycling through beautiful vineyards and lovely river valleys, or along the shores of majestic Lake Garda, the largest lake in Italy. At the end of each day, we indulge in regional specialties like Risotto con Amarone, and discover daily why Wine Enthusiast named the Veneto one of the Top 10 Wine Destinations for 2012. Come visit with us!
Our daily rides explore the vineyards of many wine regions, including Valpolicella and Amarone, Soave and Bardolino, with plenty of time along the way to snap a photo or stop in a cafe to enjoy a snack with the locals. Afternoons provide ample opportunity to relax and explore our new destination, with evening wine tastings and wonderful meals featuring the best in seasonal fare. Our owners, Vernon McClure (“Italy’s Best Local Guides 2013”) and Chef Kathy Bechtel personally lead each tour, limiting the group to 8 participants. Our intimate journeys are created to introduce our guests to the truly authentic Italy we visit; we are unique in our local expertise, from the biking routes and water stops to the history, foods and wines we find along the way.
Our seven day/six night Amarone bike tour adventure in Italy:
April 1 - 7, 2018
May 13 - 19, 2018
September 9 - 15, 2018
$4395 USD per person, double occupancy. Single supplement of $300.
Limited to 8 participants, for a highly personalized experience, and the best access to small local producers.
“It was a wonderful experience, and made me more enthusiastic about my riding. I would jump on the next plane and head back over to Italy tomorrow.” - RH, Australia
A few highlights of our tour:
- Three nights in lovely wine Relais in the heart of the Valpolicella wine zone.
- Wine tastings of amazing Veneto wines, including Amarone, Valpolicella, Bardolino, and Prosecco.
- A night in the historic city of romance, Verona, a UNESCO World Heritage site, and home to Juliet’s Balcony.
- A visit to lovely walled city of Soave, renowned for it's crisp white wines.
- Exploring the wine zones along the coast of Lake Garda, including Bardolino and Lugana
- A cooking class, where we create our own Italian feast.
Our tour includes:
- Limited to 8 participants maximum
- 6 nights accommodations at 3 star or better hotels
- All ground transfers
- All breakfasts, snacks on the road as we bike, 3 dinners; the dinners include local wines
- Wine tastings
- Winery tour
- Cooking class
- Bike rental, equipped with water bottle, bag, and GPS
- Support along bike route
- All tips, gratuities, and local taxes
- Any entry fees to museums, villas, other venues we may visit
- Services of two guides throughout the trip.
To sign up, send us an email. We personally work with each and every guest to answer all questions, and make sure our trip is customized to your abilities and preferences. We're also happy just to chat, and hear how you would like to travel.
- Italiaoutdoors: Who We Are - your expert guides
- Cycling in the Veneto
- What type of routes do we cycle?